Cheater Pie...


It's all about playdates these days.
And of course blueberries.



I had that annoying clump of pastry dough left after you make a full pie and trim the edges off.
I rolled it out and used a drinking glass to cut out some round tops.


If you don't have one of these handy sets, just use 125 ml canning jars on a cookie sheet.
I had 2 cups of blueberries, added 2 tablespoons of flour and just under 1/2 cup of sugar.
Mash half the berries and stir well. Divide between cups - I only got five cups.
Place the tops on and with a knife, cut a small slit.


I brush the tops of my pastry with cream and sprinkle on some sugar.
My daughter had a friend over, so I thought I'd personalize the pies.


Pick a bouquet of sweet peas while they cook... more blueberries...


Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.


Maybe I get a little competitive with the whole snack thing.


But they loved it.